Sunday, August 31, 2008

Week of September 1st-5th

I hope you enjoyed having Monday off, but now it's back to work! We had an excellent week last week, I'm glad most of the class is finally figuring out what's expected in 5th grade. I think it was a little shock for some of you, but now I'm pretty sure that you've got it. I love days when everyone has their homework done and everyone remembers to bring back all of their books and supplies. I hope you enjoyed the zero's party and that you're willing to work hard for the next one. Those of you that were in study hall missed out on some fun; but, hopefully you'll make it to the next one. It just takes a little bit of organization and responsibility and we could have the whole class go to the September party, that would be great!

Congratulations to our 100% students on spelling and vocabulary 2 weeks ago! This was our homophone test. They were: Camrie, Dylan, Trey, Sunny, Jason, Connor, Erin, and Kambrie! Thank you for putting in study time at home and caring enough about school to want to do well. We didn't do as well on spelling last week, I think some of you may have forgotten to study; but, we do still have some 100%, they are: Connor, Andrew, Chester, Courtlynn, and Camrie. Way to go!! We do have vocabulary words this week, they are: candid, desperate, frustrated, honorable , ill-informed, odious, optimistic, shrewd, solemn, and well-informed. Plan on the list going home on Tuesday, and the test on Friday. Also plan on studying a little each night. We will not have spelling this week because it is a short week.

Our first math test was also last week. We took our pretest and our class average was only 5/10. We set a class goal to have our posttest average be 8/10, but just fell short. We did improve 2 points to 7/10. I was disappointed at the amount of students that took the time to study at home. I told everyone some questions that were going to be on the test, and what they needed to learn from our math journals, but not very many took advantage of that. I think as a class we could have done better. We did have 3 students that scored A's on this test, they were: Connor, Trey, and Sunny. Congratulations to the three of you, I notice that you were on the 100% spelling list too, you worked hard and it paid off. Way to go! Our next math test is Friday, let's do even better!

Keep getting your homework in on time, but now let's focus on getting the answers right too. Be sure to read the directions and follow ALL of them. Don't foget to put your name on your paper either!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am bored! I just got a tooth pulled and my mouth is really num! I am starving. I think my dad is making dinner! YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Don't ask me why I have two blogging accounts. I really don't know why I made two!!! I am really, really, really, really, really, really bored! I am hungry! I hope dinner is almost done. I hope it is soft. My gums hurt. Do you know what it is like to get a tooth pulled? Don't ask me why I am saying random stuff. I am just weird like that! Well, BYEEE!

Anonymous said...

HI AGAIN! I am so bored! I HAVE NOTHING TO DO! Ow! My hands hurt so I think I will go for good! I think that I will spin around in circles on my computer chair! Bye! For good!

NEON-GREEN GIRL!! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bieberfever said...

I love the blog Mrs.Doman it is fantastic.I have red-colored braces.Loves math,reading every subject in the entire elementary.Whoh am I?

NEON-GREEN GIRL!! said...

hi what up?! i am playing with ??????
and we are having a totally awesome fantastic super duper cool rad sweet sick fun time! we are the bomb squad,
we rule the school, we are fantastic, and we are cool! trevor is loqaucious
yum yum in my tum spagetti rules they rule the school and we are awesome.
bye

NEON-GREEN GIRL!! said...

hi? i am bored it is 11:45 pm and i have nothing to do but sit here and write a comment!$$$*** i am here with my friend ????? and we are so bored and have nothing to do. next time try and post more comments we only have 7 well 8 including this one. well got to figure out what we are going to do. PEACE OUT my fellow classmates!!!$$$$$#####***&%90 t.t.f.n. ta ta for now!!!!@111222333444555666777888999101010

NEON-GREEN GIRL!! said...

i am so tired i am going to bed goodnight!!!! it is freakin' 12:30
and ????? is a sleep i am so tired bye bye!!!!!

mermaid said...

This is a riddle.
I go to choir.
I am kind of short.
My favorite food is pizza.
I want to go to Paris some day.
This might be a surprise I like mermaids cause they get to swim all the time .
I like to swim.
I love to read if it is a really good book I don't want to stop reading it I can read 10 magic tree house books in 1 day so 100 chapters.
I have a loose tooth.
I ride the bus.
I have lost almost 12 teeth.
I am the oldest kid in my family.
I am the first grandbaby on my moms
side.
Who am I ?

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a hard riddle mermaid!

NEON-GREEN GIRL!! said...

mermaid are you erin? you are erin!!!
hahahahahaha i solved your riddle!!! :P

Amanda said...

hi mrs.doman you rock!i am a girl who loves the color pink and has brown hare and now weres glasses?
who am i?

Michelle G. said...

nice songs i have a suggestion for a song though, handelbars is way awesome!! this is alec not michelle

Mathboy said...

Hi I said I was going to leave a comment for about the last two weeks!
Ha ha ha ha I have no idea why I laughed! O.k. o.k. I'm done laughing.....
ha ha ha ha ha ha! O.k. I'm finally
done. Time for a riddle! I sit next to
Megan and Emily (I think.)I love math and social studies! I have two

Mathboy said...

friends named Matthew and Conner. I have a two syllable name who am I? If you said Bobby than no! Good bye fare well ....ouch! My chair fell over stupid chair.... ouch my foot!
by the way the blogs great but you
need to change it! Bye!

mermaid said...

I am not Erin
I think I know who brace-girl is it is either Natalie or Erin